Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Our Family Gathering

We had the best visit ever. I did nothing but smile and laugh the whole time. It warms my heart to see how loved our daughter is. I don't have much family (biologically). My dad was born when my grandma was 40, so my uncles are quite a bit older or deceased, meaning so is my cousin...older not dead and yes, only one cousin. My moms side of the family is so spread out around the country that I don't know them very well if at all. And a couple of them...well lets just say its complicated. Basically what I'm saying is I don't know what is like to have such a BIG and close family...but I always wanted that. When Matthew and I started dating, I was worried what his parents would think of me because of my previous relationship...the way it ended isn't something I'm proud of, but I was up front and honest with them. Being the wonderful people they are (which I of course already knew because of the amazing son they raised) they didn't judge me, in fact the called me their daughter after only months of being apart of their lives. I was in the family photo...and it wasn't awkward...I felt welcomed into their family. Now that we have Kylie...I am so happy she has what I always wanted for my child. The love she has from everyone...its beautiful. We had such an enjoyable family gathering.













Chad, Scott, & Matthew...I cant believe how much they really do look alike. *giggle*

No comments:

Post a Comment